As we round the corner to 2021, I want to take a moment to offer my thanks. I am eternally grateful for my health and that of everyone in my family. However, for the many people who have lost their lives to covid, for the family members they left behind, and for all of the frontline workers who show up day after day to do their work, may you know that your efforts are not for naught. And may you know that you are the true heroes of this pandemic.
An Inventory of 2020
As we get ready to watch the ball go down in Times Square, it is a good time for a personal and professional inventory. I hope it serves as inspiration for you.
- I am working daily on adopting an attitude of “done doesn’t have to be perfect”.
- Committing to a 100% whole food plant-based lifestyle has been life-changing. I’ve reduced my personal environmental footprint, and my indigestion has disappeared along with my 40 year old pregnancy weight.
- Early August saw the evolution of my green thumb. In September, I happily began harvesting kale and collards from my first (successful) garden.
- After a 2008 bike accident, I swore I’d never get on a bike again. That changed when Michael gently convinced me to climb back on a bike once again. Our longest trip was 10 miles!
- A few years ago, I decided to invite a group of outstanding professionals to be part of my Dream Team. This decision has proven to be one of the best business decisions I’ve ever made. It is a team that includes an accountant/bookkeeper, graphic designer, web designer, tapping coach, three business coaches (each with their own area of expertise), a wordpress (website) advisor, and an accountability partner. Their collective brilliance has given me the space and time to pursue my work as a musician and educator.
- I’ve learned tech skills that have exceeded anything I could’ve imagined just one year ago. This includes audio recording with garageband, using my iPadPro to video myself for a variety of music projects, and creating rotating zoom green screen backgrounds to enhance teaching children’s programs.
- With time and devotion to my songwriting, I have composed 28 new songs for children.
- I learned that in the late spring of 2021, Transcontinental Music Publications will publish the Complete Jewish Songbook for Children Volume III (Manginot). It includes nine of my compositions.
- Late in the year, I received a check from JLicense. You can imagine my delight when I tore open the envelope and found that it was for 6 times the amount of the last check they sent.
- I collaborated with two early childhood music colleagues to present a workshop on licensing our music. We did this under the auspices of the Children’s Music Network.
- I accepted an invitation to become a JKids Radio host. My show is called Everyday Jewish Kids and can be found here). Thank you Rick Recht for inviting me to be a part of this.
- Along with Shira Kline and Stephanie Guedalis, I have completed 39+ weekly livestreamed Shabbat program for kids called Shabbat ShaMorning. You can register here. Thank you RJ On The Go and Lab/Shul for the collaboration. Special thanks to Cathy Rolland, Nancy Bossov, Stephanie Fink, Laura Copel, Susan Shane Linder and Jeffrey Prince. If you have problems registering, send an email to email@example.com. This has been a project of enormous love and dedication. It challenges deeply held assumptions and helps children and adults live life from their highest heart self.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy secular new year. I wish for you all good things, health and abundance on all fronts.
I am so proud of all you have accomplished this year and all
Of your plans for the future. You’ve always been an inspiration to me and your friendship, spirit and vision are a gift to the world. I pray for your continued success and whatever you touch shall be a blessing. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your life and your journey. Love you 😽 mucho!
Thank you my dear, dear friend. It has been one helluva year for all of us. I’m so grateful for your mentorship, and most of all, for your friendship. Love you mucho, too!!!
You are an amazing inspiration on so many fronts! Such a shining star for musicians as well as children to follow! Love your healthy food videos and posts and your energy. Congratulations on a successful year, and onward and upward!
Thank you, Karen, for your kind words!!! It is an honor to inspire others. I think that is what our lives are about. Inspiring others and learning from those who inspire us, too. I’m so glad you like my food videos – that has been a passion of mine as well.
Honored to be on the Shabbat ShaMorning journey with you, Ellen. I have so much to learn from you.
It has been SUCH a journey, right?!? A fun, fantastical, spiritual, delightful journey. And I am blessed to count you as a Shabbat ShaMorning colleague!
You are such a blessing my friend. I’m so inspired by all that you have accomplished and continue to do. Wishing you continued success and joy in both your personal and professional life! Xo
Thank you, Natalie. I so appreciate your kind words. Please know that you, too, are one of my mentors. Your songwriting is exquisite, and your journey has left an impression on my heart.